Monday, November 3, 2008

Bethanee and Brian

Okay, so this post is only two and a half months late, but as I always tell my students, "turning in late work and getting some points is always better than turning in no work at all and getting no points." So Bethanee and Brian, thanks for having us be a part of your special day. We had a wonderful time visiting all of our family in Utah. We did a salon day for all of the brides maids that were in town and Joey and Jesse tagged along. (They enjoyed the salon day as much as the rest of us if not more even though they would never admit it. Look at the pictures and you will see what I mean.) The girls all got haircuts and a manicure. Some even colored their hair. Joey and Jesse got haircuts and then Joey proceeded to get a scalp treatment, have his face shaved, his hands manicured, and even his eyebrows waxed. I think he had more done than the rest of us. (**Joey's insert: "And DANG did I look purty.") I decided it was time for a new look and cut several inches off my hair, layered it, and added bangs again for the first time in 10 years. Thanks Gina for setting up all of those appointments for us at Bon Losee and taking care of us while we were there!!!
The groomsmen all had their night to play and get together as well. After preparing the veggies and food for the ceremony the next day, they all went out bowling. They reported having a great time, but didn't take a camera so we don't have proof of it.

Some of the week before the wedding is all a blur because I spent much of the week sleep deprived. We left two days early and drove to Utah overnight, without sleeping, to surprise Joey's mom. Then we stayed up all day visiting with family. There were also a few nights with little to literally no sleep as my mom and I worked to complete the custom made bridesmaid dresses for EIGHT bridesmaids. (See two of the dresses in the picture below.) In the end, we finished all of them, except my top. But we decided that as the maid-of-honor, it was okay that my outfit was a little different.
The ceremony and reception were beautiful. The lucky couple couldn't take their eyes off each other and the smiles could not be wiped off their faces. Welcome to the family, Brian. Congratulations you two and best wishes for your lives together.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah it was a nice time, and it was good to see everyone then. Even if they were zombies from no sleep. Oh, and I do have picture proof of the bachelor party....